Request for Pass-Fail Grade
As part of the institution’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, students will have the option to convert their letter (A-F) grades, they earn in their classes, during the Fall 2020, to Pass/Fail grades at ASA College in all programs except a few specific courses in some programs. (Please consult your program/division chair to find out which courses do not offer this option).
- Before choosing this grading option for one or more of their classes, students will consult with their academic and financial aid advisors regarding potential impact to their financial aid, licensure requirements, and baccalaureate transfer process. Relevant contacts for the Hialeah campus are listed below.
- ASA College, Hialeah students will have until 6 p.m. on Friday, January 22 to make this decision.
- Students will complete a fillable .pdf form and submit to their division/program chairs, who will approve and forward to the Registrar’s for processing. Please download the fillable form here >. Please fill the form out, send to your chairperson for approval and then to the register for processing.
- A passing letter grade (A, B, C, or D) will convert to ‘P’ with credit for the class being awarded, while a failing grade will convert to ‘F’, with no credit awarded. These grades will not impact the student’s GPA but will be calculated into the total number of credits attempted for the program.
- Students with Passing grades will be able to transfer those courses across programs at ASA, per current policy.
- When you receive federal or state financial aid, federal guidelines require that you make real and measurable progress toward your degree in order to continue to receive federal or state financial aid. This requirement is called Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). SAP policy for the Fall 2020 semester for students who choose this option will be the same as published in the Catalog for ESL Levels A through C and non-credit bearing courses.
- This policy will override all grading policies currently in effect at ASA for the Fall 2020 semester, except for the few specific courses in some programs mentioned above.
- The grade glossary, attached to each transcript, will be updated to include a notation specifying that Fall 2020 grades, including P or F, were earned during a major disruption to instruction as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.