Computer Support Specialist
Computer Support Specialist (Diploma)
The Computer Support Specialist certificate program provides an introduction to many areas of information technology including computer architecture, hardware, operating systems, network administration and support.
The program is focused on training students to become competent entry level IT professionals, who are capable of maintaining, troubleshooting and administering computers and small networks. Graduates should be able to provide on-site support for mainly users of Microsoft Windows platform. The program also helps students to prepare for industry standard certification exams such as Comp TIA A+, Network+ and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certifications.
The Computer Support Specialist certificate program offers students intensive hands-on training using our dedicated computer and networking labs. This program also fully articulates into our AAS degree program in Network Administration and Security, therefore making it easier for graduates to pursue further studies in Information Technology field.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Install, configure and maintain basic computer systems including hardware, peripherals, and commonly used application software and operating systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or other network and systems problems, and replace components if necessary.
- Design, install, configure and maintain local area networks.
- Perform backups and disaster recovery.
- Continue and transfer credits into the Associate in Applied Science program in Network Administration and Security.