START YOUR COLLEGE JOURNEY AT ASA
At ASA College, no student is left behind. We care about each student and provide incredible support on their academic and professional journey.
There is still time to register for the Fall 2020 semester and apply for scholarships.
Bachelor of Science Degree Program
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology is an academic program which offers students a wide choice of career objectives. This field has been formally included as STEM discipline by the National Science Foundation. The Curriculum Review and Development Committee of the Arts and Science Division based the program on the guidelines established by the APA.
The program is designed to meet students’ academic and career goals. This program is comparable with similar programs at other institutions. However, ASA College’s B.S. Psychology provides students with competencies required in today’s job market in a wide variety of settings. The curriculum is comprised of 60 credits in the Psychology Major which includes 18 credits in a specialization that includes substance abuse counseling, sports psychology and human resource management. This will make them more marketable in a variety of settings. The program also includes 15 credits general education courses as well as 32 credits in Liberal Arts and Sciences that provide graduates with a solid academic foundation. In addition, courses in the college and career preparatory component provide students in this program with skills necessary to succeed. In each of these courses, emphasis is placed on essential foundational knowledge and their use in problem solving of a specific area and prepares the graduate to enter a career in a functional field or undertake graduate study. The Bachelor of Science in Psychology program will help students understand how human behavior impacts the dynamics of any organization.
In addition to the institutional level student learning outcomes delineated for graduates of all ASA College programs, the Bachelor of Science degree program in Psychology has the following program level student learning outcomes in accordance with the Guidelines established by the American Psychological Association (APA).
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe key concepts, principles, and overarching themes in psychology
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of psychology’s content domains
- Describe applications of psychology
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena
- Demonstrate psychology information literacy
- Engage in innovative and integrative thinking and problem solving
- Interpret, design, and conduct basic psychological research
- Incorporate sociocultural factors in scientific inquiry
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice
- Build and enhance interpersonal relationships
- Adopt values that build community at local, national, and global levels
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals
- Exhibit self-efficacy and self-regulation
- Refine project management skills
- Enhance teamwork capacity
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PSYCHOLOGY (BS) DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking submit, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)