Business Administration (AAS)
The Associate in Applied Science degree in Business Administration prepares graduates to begin or advance their careers in the business world. It can also be a major step towards completing a bachelor’s degree. Program typically provides students with a comprehensive understanding of management principles, business-oriented technology and interpersonal skills. This program also offers concentrations in specific areas of business, such as accounting, sports management, hospitality management, and social media. Through career-oriented courses, the program will help students build the skills and industry background information to qualify them for entry-level jobs in their specialty field. The AAS degree program in Business Administration requires the successful completion of 61 credit semester hours for graduation.
ASA’s AAS degree program in Business Administration combines theory with extensive computer applications. The curriculum integrates courses in the humanities, office technology, and complementing electives. Faculty provide students with intensive course work that simulates the typical work environment. A vital component of the Business Administration program is an externship course in which students endeavor to apply their theoretical exposure in the area of their concentration. Participation in this work-experience program is permitted in the final semester. Students who are continuing their education and are not seeking immediate employment have the option of registering for the Business Administration Capstone course.
Upon successful completion of the program in Business Administration, (AAS), a graduate should be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and achievements:
- Apply key business and management concepts and theories in a real-world context and apply critical-thinking skills to the managerial decision making process;
- Employ industry-standard accounting software, tax software packages and also manually prepare accurate financial statements, report key data, and prepare both individual and business tax documents;
- Use interpretive and analytic skills to identify problems, create reports with respect to commonly used financial statements;
- Evaluate ethical, social. Civic, and cultural issues in the context of business and accounting practice;
- Apply effective team-management and leadership skills in diverse and dynamic workplaces;
- Apply knowledge of business practices and technical skills that supports and facilitates lifelong professional development and transfer to a Baccalaureate degree program in Business Administration/Accounting without further academic preparation;
- Develop a sense of community and understanding of population that is diverse in age, race, social, and economic, and economic background;
- Maintain a firm, but flexible educational vision that responds to the ever-changing nature of sports management profession.
- Accounting Concentration
- Hospitality Management Concentration
- Social Media Management Concentration
- Sports Management Concentration
Accounting professionals play an important role by providing support for decision making in organizations. They form integral and core parts of the decision-making process of an organization. Students develop competencies in a variety of software that are critical to the practice of accounting and business management; i.e. Peachtree, QuickBooks, TurboTax and others. The accounting courses are offered in a pattern that proceeds from the simple to complex. Graduates with concentration in Accounting find jobs as staff accountants, junior accountants, payroll accounting, bookkeepers, accounting clerks and loan processors. Sound like the right fit for you? Learn more about ASA College Degree Programs.
Courses in Accounting
- Principles of Accounting II
- Spreadsheet Modeling with Business Decisions
- Managerial Accounting
- Computerized Accounting
Graduates with a concentration in Hospitality Management acquire a solid business and managerial foundation as well as specialized training in this field. Students take courses in a broad range of concepts, practices, and issues specific to the service and hospitality industry – helping them develop the skills and knowledge to work directly with customers or behind the scenes to ensure a more pleasurable guest experience. Graduates are prepared to be leaders in settings such as hotels, food and beverage industry, travel and tourism, casinos, resorts and spa services, and entertainment and sports venues. Graduates would be able to find jobs as hotel night auditor, front-line managers of food preparation workers, and front-line managers of food servers, food service manager, and other related fields. Learn more about degree programs at ASA College in Miami today!
Courses in Hospitality Management
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Technology in the Hospitality
- Ethical Hospitality Management
- Convention and Event Management
- Hospitality Human Resources and Supervision
Social Media Management graduates of ASA College in Miami will master social media communication principles and platforms and be able to apply strategies and tactics to real projects. Completers will also be able to implement an effective and comprehensive social media campaign and develop a professional portfolio to demonstrate newly acquired expertise.
Courses in Social Media Management at ASA College
- Writing for Social Media Management
- Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Public Relations and Social Media
- Using Social Media Tools
- Digital Media Buyer
Students can also minor in Sports Management where they have a wide choice of career objectives in sports management and which prepares them for employment in entry-level positions as coaches, umpires, athletic administrators, facility and event managers, sports promoters, and many more.
Courses in Sports Management
- Sports Management
- Sports Leadership
- Sports Marketing
- Facilities and Events Management
- Sports Finance
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEGREE PROGRAM
By clicking send me info, I consent to receive email, autodialed and/or prerecorded calls and text messages at the phone number or email provided above from or on behalf of ASA College regarding educational programs. (Consent is not a condition of enrollment.)