Get an education that gives you the knowledge to succeed
The Medical Assisting with Medical Billing Certificate program offers a comprehensive learning curriculum designed to provide students with a strong foundation on which to build a successful career as a competent entry level administrative assistant or biller.
A well-rounded curriculum offers students the knowledge and skills in the technical areas of the insurance industry, computer technology, federal and state regulations, billing and insurance coding systems, extensive practice in preparing medical claims, anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology. In addition, students will become proficient in the use of Medisoft software program, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite of products
At the conclusion of this program, students will have two optional opportunities:
- Become nationally certified by the NHA (National Healthcare Association)
- Continue their education in one of the degree programs offered in the division
What you can do after you graduate with a diploma in medical billing and coding
Upon graduation, students will find employment as an entry-level medical biller or coder in medical facilities, clinics, insurance companies, and home-based billing services. They will be able to perform a variety of duties including billing, completing and submitting medical insurance forms, creating and maintaining medical charts, preparing reports and correspondence, abstracting data from medical reports, and complying with HIPAA regulations.
Medical Billing and Coding Learning Options
There are more careers in the medical field than just nurse or doctor, and more academic paths than Associate and Bachelor degrees. ASA can also help you achieve your Medical Billing and Coding Certification through our diploma program.
Learn in a classroom setting among your peers and professors at our Miami campus or enjoy our convenient remote learning option! With remote learning, you can log in to your student portal and attend class from your computer. Live instruction from knowledgeable professors from the comfort of your own home, at the same time as class, without having to drive out to campus.
We also offer Spanish learning for this program.
Contact ASA today to start your path towards medical billing and coding!
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates should possess the competencies and knowledge required to function successfully as an entry-level medical administrative assistant or biller by demonstrating the ability to:
- Utilize patient billing software to input demographic information; schedule appointments; and process payments and insurance claims
- Code clinical data and prepare insurance claims for reimbursement purposes
- Apply ethical and legal principles and standards for the control, release and use of health information
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and in writing, with patients and other medical professionals as a healthcare team member