Watermark Scholarship for Women in STEM The application period is now open for the Watermark Scholars program! Watermark is offering women in STEM scholarships for the fall 2021 academic term to provide much-needed support for college students pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)-related studies and careers. Two students will be selected from the pool of applicants, and awardees will each receive $5,000 to help continue their education. Please visit https://www.watermarkinsights.com/watermark-scholars to learn more about Watermark Scholars program!
News & Events
Fall 2020 Orientation
Dear ASA Students,
Welcome to the Fall 2020 semester at ASA College. We are thrilled to have you start this new and exciting journey with us.
In the interest of health and safety, we will be offering the majority of our classes remotely. Almost all classes will be taught online with just a few exceptions in our Health Disciplines and Language Studies Departments. You will be directly notified if you are enrolled in any of these special hybrid courses. Classes start on 9/10 and end on 12/21.
Let’s get started!
By now you should have a copy of your schedule. If you don’t have a schedule, please contact your admissions representative today. Your schedule will list all your classes and the days/ times you are scheduled to meet live with your instructor. Make sure you can meet during the days and times listed on your schedule. You are expected to be present at every class session this semester. If something is incorrect or impossible then contact your admissions representative to make changes.
Begin by opening the document attached. There is a Spanish and English version of the same document. Follow the instructions and activate your school e-mail, student portal and Blackboard account. You will need all three. If you need help at any point, contact for each department and technical help is located at the bottom of this document.
After you complete this process you will see your Blackboard dashboard. Your classes will be listed including ORT 100 Orientation Class 2020-09-10 Fall 2020.
Listed on your schedule and on the Blackboard dashboard will be a class called ORT 100. This is your new student orientation class. You may login to this class starting on 9/3. The Blackboard classroom is open for you to explore. Click on the class to enter and then click around—learn about the school, your major and learn many things to help you feel confident and prepared for your first day of school.
Live On-Line Orientation Meeting
There will be a live Zoom Welcome Orientation session on Tuesday, September 8 at the times indicated below. Attend by clicking on the Zoom link at that time for your department below. You will use the Zoom link provided and input the passcode when prompted.
Dates and Times for the Orientations for each Department
Criminal Justice & Interdisciplinary Studies – Tuesday, September 8th at 6:00pm
Professor Mindy Hamilton, Campus Dean
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Join Zoom Orientation Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/91536591537?pwd=bGExMjlhTFJYWGwrUHhFN0dkeTE1UT09
- Meeting ID: 915 3659 1537
- Passcode: 237494
Health Disciplines – Tuesday, September 8th at 6:00 pm
Professor Clara Duarte, Health Disciplines Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- To Join Zoom Orientation Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/99340898129?pwd=NnZwOGpUcjg5c3RJOHcwS3lOSmp1UT09
- Meeting ID: 993 4089 8129
- Passcode: 296632
English as a Second Language – Tuesday, September 8th at 10:00am & 6:00pm (You can attend one or both identical presentations)
Professor Jorge L. Trujillo, Language Studies Division Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(se habla español, comprendo portugues)
- To Join Zoom Orientation Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/352414985
- Meeting ID: 352 414 985
- Passcode: No Passcode Required
Business & Computers – Tuesday, September 8th at 6:00pm
Professor Leon Roberts, Business and Technology Department Chair
- Email: email@example.com
- To Join Zoom Orientation Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/91386487166
- Meeting ID: 913 8648 7166
- Passcode: 931795
What you must do BEFORE the Zoom Orientation Meeting
- Download and Install Zoom on your computer, phone or tablet. You can download the program from https://zoom.us/support/download
- Download and install the Respondus Web Browser. Use the link below to download: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=783067786
- Activate your ASA College Account Access: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhY6NFY7OOQ&list=PLt0ULn0v6WwZa4U78kccAgO6Uy5IQf0of&index=12&t=10s
You must follow the instructions to activate your Blackboard, Email and Student Portal Access BEFORE Orientation Day. Click on the link below to see the videos or refer to the attachments sent with this email:
Contact Technical Support:
For help installing any of the above programs or activating your ASA Accounts contact Technical support: Antonio Yannelli
- Telephone: 305-777-3172 from 9:00am – 6:00pm EDT
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
(Provide your student ID number and Date of Birth)
- Technical support in English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVYiLfpLbz8&list=PLt0ULn0v6WwZa4U78kccAgO6Uy5IQf0of&index=13&t=19s
- Ayuda técnica en español: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMP6oXiqYGo&list=PLt0ULn0v6WwZa4U78kccAgO6Uy5IQf0of&index=14&t=29s
Dr. Harris Provides an Informed Perspective on BLM Yesterday, Dr. Clem Harris engaged the ASA community with a wealth of historical and statistical information that painted a more complete picture of the Black Lives Matter movement as it is situated within a context of systemic racial violence and neglect that extends back decades. Among the topics covered in some detail were the “Stop and Frisk” policies employed by police departments. A historical argument was made that these policies are consistent...
Sexual Assault Awareness Month The month of April is designated as Sexual Assault Awareness Month. The mission of SAAM is to bring awareness and educate individuals on how to prevent sexual assault. You can find more information on how to actively be involved in ending sexual assault on www.nsvrc.org