Our mission is to actively engage the club members in activities related to their professional growth and career development, which will complement and supplement those offered by Career Services Staff. PFC in close collaboration with the Career Services Department will achieve its mission by conducting motivational fun events, informative workshops and professional tours designed to provide further exposure to the students selected fields.
The club’s goal is to attract new members by expanding and enhancing the variety of career related activities on and off campus. We will strive to cultivate a life-long commitment to professionalism, and stress work ethics as a key to career development. We view the club as an opportunity to create a solid network of peers and a comprehensive support system for active students in their career aspirations.
BENEFITS OF JOINING
Division of Health Disciplines:
- Tour hospitals, clinics and meet with physicians and other medical staff.
- Network with successful ASA alumni and employers.
- Learn the Do’s and Don’ts of getting a job in the medical field.
Division of Computer Technology:
- Tour a computer department of a cutting edge IT company.
- Learn how to ace a technical interview.
- Receive one-on-one consultation on meeting your career goals.
- Meet employers from the industry and participate in networking events.
Division of Business:
- Create and learn how to run a mock business.
- Meet Human Resources professionals of various corporations.
- Learn all myths and truths about credit reporting.
- Attend fundraisers and career networking events.
Division of Criminal Justice:
- Tour Federal prisons and police stations.
- Visit a court house and see a case in action.
- Meet a Judge and sit in a Judges chambers.
- Attend a bomb detection event and meet a K-9 and the handler from the bomb unit.