On evaluating candidates for admission, ASA looks for motivation and maturity, the potential to grow and develop, and evidence that applicants can benefit from the challenging education offered by the college.
If you live within commuting distance of ASA, we strongly encourage you to attend a career seminar and have an in-person interview with an admissions representative.
Candidates who have been accepted to the college may be required to meet with an academic advisor to discuss the need for college preparatory courses, if applicable, and register for their first semester of study.
The overall objective of academic advising is to help students realize the maximum educational benefits available to them at ASA College. Academic Advisors are responsible for:
- Seeking the best possible education for the student.
- Enhancing the student’s ability to make the best possible academic and employment decisions.
- Advocating for the student with other offices.
- Supporting the institution’s educational philosophy and its policies.
- Maintaining confidentiality while assisting a student.